Conflict Prevention, Management and Reduction in Africa
|Avoin tilaisuus - ilmoittautuminen vaaditaan|
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, the Finnish Institute of International Affairs (UPI-FIIA) and the Centre for International Cooperation and Security (CICS) at the University of Bradford have recently completed a research project on Conflict Prevention, Management and Reduction in Africa.
The CPMR in Africa project has produced eight reports highlighting important aspects of conflict prevention, management and reduction in sub-Saharan Africa. After opening remarks by a representative of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, three researchers who participated in the project presented insights from the research, please see the attached agenda for further details. The eight reports cover the following:
2. Developing International Capacities for Crisis Management and Crisis
3. Support for DDR and SSR after Conflicts in Africa: Lessons-Learnt and
4. Promoting Democratisation, Good Governance, Human Rights Protection and Conflict Prevention in Africa
5. Addressing the Political Economies of Armed Conflict in Africa
6. Conflict Sensitive Development Aid in Africa
7. Trade, Economic Co-operation and CPMR in Africa
8. Access to freshwater and CPMR in Africa
See the event programme
If you would like to learn more about the project or attend the publication event, please contact Charly Salonius-Pasternak at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs (charly.salonius-pasternakupi-fiia.fi or +358 9 4342 0746).